Exam Volunteer Opportunities
Each year, hundreds of nurse educators, clinicians and managers who work with entry-level nurses contribute to the development of NCSBN licensure examinations including NCLEX-RN, NCLEX-PN and REx-PN.
NCLEX and REx-PN Volunteer Options
- Item Writing - Item writers create the items that are used for exams
- Item Review - Item reviewers examine the items that are created by item writers
- Panel of Judges - The panel of judges completes standard setting exercises to recommend potential passing standards on licensure exams
Sessions are held throughout the year and typically last 3-4 days.
Benefits of Participation
- Earn continuing education contact hours (U.S. volunteers only)
- Contribute to continued excellence in the nursing profession
- Network on an international level
- Build new skills that are useful at work as well as for professional growth
Apply Online to Participate
Reminder: LPN/VN/RPNs who plan to take the NCLEX-RN within two years of service with NCSBN do not qualify for participation.
NCLEX and REx-PN Volunteer Resources
Item Development Brochure - The NCLEX and REx-PN Depend On You!
NCSBN depends on nurses to assist in the NCLEX and REx-PN item development process.